Here we covered topics – Factor affecting the acoustics of a building, noise control of buildings fundamentals of acoustics, acoustic design, ACOUSTICS REMEDIES.
FACTORS AFFECTING ACOUSTICS Of BUILDINGS AND THEIR REMEDIES:-
It is defined as the time during which the sound energy falls from its steady-state value to IOA(-6) times after the source is cut off. A sound produced in a volume is reflected multiple times from the various surfaces. As a result, sound persists in the volume for some time of gradually decreasing intensity even the source stop emitting the sound. This persistence of the sound in a room due to multiple reflections, even when the source stops, is known as reverberation.
1) By providing windows and opening.
2) By having a full capacity of the audience in the hall room.
3) By covering the floor with carpets.
the uniform distribution of loudness in a hall or a room is an important factor for satisfactory hearing.
1) By using public address system like loudspeakers.
2) By using large sounding boards behind the speakers and facing the audience.
3.Focusing and interference effects:-
the roll-call of any concave surface or any curved surface in a hall to make the sound to be connected to this regions. as a result, the sound may be not heard at all at other regions. These regions are referred as dead space. Such surface must be avoided.
1) The curved surface can be removed. If the curved surface is present, they should be covered with a sound absorbing material.
An echo is heard due to the reflection of sound from a distant sound reflecting object.
If the time travels between the direct sound and reflected sound is less than 1115th of a sound. The reflected sound is helpful in increases the loudness.
1) An echo can be avoided by covering long distance wall and ceilings with suitable a sound absorbing materials.
5. Echelon effect:-
It refers to the generation of a new separate sound due to multi-echo. A set of railings or any regular reflecting surface Is said to produce the echelon effect.
1) Echelon effect should be avoided with good sound absorbing materials.
Resonance occurs due to the matching of frequency. If the window panels and wooden portion have not been tightly fitted, they start vibrating so some extra sound is produced so it called resonance.
1) The resonance may be avoided by fitting window panels and wooden portion. Resonance can be placed by over sound absorbing materials.
The unwanted sound is called noise. There is three type of Noise.
1) Air-borne noise
2) Structure-borne noise
3) Inside noise
Air-borne noise:– external noise which is coming from outside through open windows, doors are known as air-borne noise.
1)The hall room can be made air-conditioned.
2) By using good sound absorbing materials.
Structure-borne noise: – the noise which is conveying through the structure of the building is called structure-borne noise.
1) This noise can be eliminated by using double walls with air space between them.
2) By using anti-vibration mounts this type of noise can be reduced.
3) By using good sound absorbing materials.
Inside noise: -the noise which is produced in inside hall room is called inside noise. This noise is produced by generators, fans, typewriters, etc.
1) By using good sound absorbing materials.
2) By using curtains of sound absorbing materials.
3) By using covering the floor with good sound absorbing materials.
Hope you know FACTORS AFFECTING ACOUSTICS Of BUILDINGS AND REMEDIES. if you have any query feel free to comment.if you got some knowledge after reading this share who should to know this.Thank you