Carbon nanotubes applications in electronics
in the previous blog application and properties of CNT. we discuss about the basic all quantity about nanotubes .now you can get all detailed information about carbon nanotubes applications in electronics.
first, you know carbon nanotubes are simple semiconducting devices. It all depends on the angle of rolling and diameter of It all depends on the angle of rolling and diameter of the nanotube.there are some unique quantity which makes carbon nanotubes better use in electronic devices. the main unique carbon nanotubes electrical properties are below:-
1. it has Sharp – aspect ratio aspect ratio so that it can uses in field emission, electrical field emission, electrical composites composites
2. it has Highest current density 10^9 A/cm2 so that it has better use in Vias, FE,
3. it has Ballistic electron transport Ballistic electron transport so useful for making FETs
4. it has Highest Highest Youngs modulus, ~1TPa is using for composites
5. it contains Highest thermal conductivity, 4000 W/m.K -so this is also a proper reason to use in composites composites
6. it has Electrode potential range or surfaces are so that it uses in sensors, supercaps.
because of this carbon nanotubes electrical properties, carbon nanotubes have wide use in electronics.so hope you understand carbon nanotubes applications in electronics.
As grown CNTs are hydrophobic but by means of various processes ( electrochemical, thermal etc). they can be made hydrophilic. Such hydrophilic CNTs can effectively immobilize antibody which can e.g allow specific bacteria to attach. specific bacteria to attach.
Functionalisation of CNTs make them useful as DNA detectors at the sub-detectors at the sub-attomole attomole level.
How CNTs may work as gas sensors:-
- Chemical sensors based on Chemical sensors based on SWCNTs have also been demonstrated- upon exposure to NO upon exposure to NO2 or NH3, the electrical of resistance of semiconducting SWCNTs is seen to dramatically alter- v.fast response time response time.
- CNTs that are grown are generally p-type.
- Gases like NO2 are electrophilic so it can remove electrons from CNTs.
- CNT conduction increases and therefore the resistance of the film decreases.
- Electronics Electronics –Interconnects in ICs.
- Electromigration limits max current density in limits max current density in IC interconnects.
J = 105 A/cm2 (Al), 106 A/cm2 (Cu).
- Vias – vertical growth ideal for PECVD e.g.(Infineon e.g.(Infineon) A P Graham, IWEP 2003 )
Uses metallic MWNTs
hello, readers, I hope you understand well if you have any doubt about carbon nanotubes applications in electronics than feel free to comment below.